Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Infamous Just Bitten

Now, I know that everyone and their mother are raving about Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains (including my own mum) but since they are my absolute favourite product of the moment i'd thought I would discuss further.

Actually, the shade that I would struggle to deal with out 'smitten' was the inspiration of this blog name. Also I did struggle to deal with the loss of my beloved tube that I had to rush to the shops immediately only to find it a couple of months later, feeling like my birthday again. So now I have two tubes of 'smitten' and it is amazing!

Anyway lets review...

These beautiful balm stains in my opinion are a wonderful basic to everyones makeup collection. Why is this?
- They smell minty fresh
- Have excellent colour pay off
- Really do last hours
- Come in retractable tubes for easy application
- Easy to wear daily or for a special occasion
- Can be applied on the go (I even do it with out a mirror)


From top to bottom: Romantic (045), Smitten (030), Honey, (001) and Lovesick (020)

No product in my opinion can be perfect, even though this come pretty damn close. I would say that these are not a 'balm', yes they do not dry your lips out like some lipsticks but they definitely do not moisturise. This for me is not a problem at all because thats what lip balm is for! Also living in Australia these little gold nuggets will set you back $17.95 so keep an eye out for sales. But in saying that I have purchased these full price they are that good.


Now i'm not sure if anyone actually bought the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm a few years ago but I thought i'd add a quick comparison if so. This product is applied to the lips through a felt tip pen, which I am not the biggest fan of. However, in saying that the colour pay off is beautiful and pigmented. As the day progresses it has brilliant staying power, but unfortunately all of a sudden it sort of wears off everywhere and clings to spots on your lips which looks very strange.





Alright the swatches follow from top to bottom


Flame, Lipstain + Balm: Bright, bright true red
Romantic: Daily wearable red (not as orange in real life, sorry getting used to photography)
Smitten: Amazing dark fuchsia
Lovestick: Bright pink with almost a blue tinge (hello white teeth)
Honey: Pinky nude that is perfect to throw on and not think about your look

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment of your favourite shade of the stains?

xoxo M

No comments:

Post a Comment